Sometimes you may see an article, a comment, or a book that you would like to create a task from.
Luckily, if you’re using an iOS device with iOS 15 or above, you can now use Apple's Live Text feature to create a task from a scanned piece of text! Here’s how:
- Make sure Live Text is enabled by following Apple's instructions.
- Open your Todoist iOS app.
- Open Quick Add by tapping the Quick Add icon.
- Long-press the Task Name area.
- Tap the Scan Text icon that appears.
- Move your phone’s camera over the text you wish to create a task from. The text will automatically be added as the task name.
- Once your desired text has been added, tap Insert.
- Once you’ve finished customizing the task, tap the submit icon to save your task.
This feature is only supported on iPhone and iPad with A12 Bionic or later and running iOS 15/iPadOS 15 or later. That being:
- iPhone XS and later
- iPad Pro 2020 and later
- 5th generation of iPad Mini
- iPad Air 2019 or later
- iPad 2020