Llama Life is a fun (yet powerful!) focus tool that helps you work through lists, not just make them. Llama Life uses a concept called time-boxing, which is the practice of setting a fixed amount of time (using a countdown timer) to each individual task. This creates the mental space to focus on one task at a time.
When you connect Llama Life to Todoist, you can easily sync your Todoist tasks that are due today into Llama Life, so you can transform them into manageable, bite-sized chunks of productivity.
Setting up the integration
- Open Llama Life.
- At the top left, select Settings.
- Select Todoist Integration, then Connect to Todoist.
- This will open a window where you’ll be asked to give Llama Life permission to read your Todoist tasks.
- Once the permission is given, a new window will open.
- In the top right, select Preset List.
- Under the Todoist Today option, select Load.
- That’s it! You can now start using the integration.
Using the integration
- In Llama Life, you can reorder your tasks by dragging-and-dropping them into place.
- For each task, you can add/edit a duration in minutes. If no duration is added, it will default to 25 min.
- The task at the top of your list is automatically loaded into the timer. This task should be your current focus.
- When you're ready to begin the task, start the timer by clicking the play button.
- When a task is complete, simply click Complete.
- This integration is one-way. This means that when you complete a task in Llama Life, the task will not also be completed in Todoist.
Simply open the Preset Lists option and select the Edit option under Todoist Today.
If you no longer want to use Llama Life with Todoist, here's how to remove the integration:
- Open the Todoist web app.
- Click your Profile photo in the top-right corner.
- Select Integrations.
- Next to Llama Life, click the X icon.
- Select Disconnect.