On mobile devices, use the Dynamic Add button to create a task, sub-task, or section in Todoist. Touch and drag the button anywhere in projects, the Today view, or the Upcoming view.
The Dynamic Add button only works when using the list layout. It doesn't create a project, filter, or label.
Add a task in the Today, Upcoming, or project views
- Touch and drag the Dynamic Add Button to where you want to create the new task.
- Enter the task name and add any details.
- Tap the submit button to save the task.
Add a sub-task
To create a sub-task, check if the project is using the list layout.
Then, drag the Dynamic Add Button below the parent task and slightly to the right of the list.
The Dynamic Add button only creates sub-tasks or sections in projects.
Add a section to a project
- Touch and drag the Dynamic Add Button in any direction. A section icon will appear at the bottom-left of the screen.
- Drag the Dynamic Add Button over the section icon.
- Enter the name of the new section.
- Tap the submit button to save the section.